Sunday, May 15, 2011

135/365 Where the pictures live pt II

More than a few posts ago I showed you where the pictures that aren't stuck inside my computer or a scrapbook live - well at least the color photos. I have a whole other collection of b&w family photos. B&W photography is my favorite and what drew me to photography to begin with. I have a romantic nostalgia for these pictures. I think that they are much like a book where I imagine what things look like. In a black and white I have to imagine the colors hidden in the shades of grey. I also appreciate that the time and expense of these old photos, that there were generally not the resources to shoot off 300 or 400 pictures hoping for the right one. Besides wedding photos, the b&w I love the most are the posed pictures where someone "dared" to smile... my favorites have smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment