Friday, May 13, 2011

133/365 The Universe is not Random

In the service dog world there is a service dog team Wallis and Caspin. They are somewhat legendary in our circles. Wallis is an amazing college student who was matched with great dog named Caspin. They have traveled across the US and to other countries, Wallis has taught Caspin to do commands well above and beyond what they learned in Team Training, and Wallis continues to give back to the CCI community.

Caspin was raised here in the Sacramento area by a wonderful puppy raiser Mary Ellen. She is a wealth of information, and as a new PR she has been a great inspiration and helped me with my pups. I don't think that it was a random event or some sort of weird coincidence that several years after raising Caspin - Mary Ellen raised another dog named Tina IV who just graduated as a CCI Skilled Companion. Tina was named in memory of Wallis's mother.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Tina was destined to graduate.
I don't think it is a coincidence that Tina was raised by Mary Ellen.
I think it was meant to be, it was the way it was written to be.

Congrats to team Nick and Tina - I have a feeling that great things were written in the stars for you.

Mary Ellen and Tina reunited before Tina starts her life with her new partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment