Saturday, May 7, 2011

127/365 If you really knew me PT VI

As this week of "if you knew me" is almost over, it was today when I had the privilege to share it with some of my newest "family members" I realized I had forgotten to talk about one of the most important things to me. My family.

Today's picture is a group of dedicated volunteers for Canine Companions for Independence. They are puppy raisers, breeder caretakers, as well as CCI graduates who are teamed with a fully trained service dog. In two short years I have met some of the most giving and charitable people who I am proud to call my friends and my GRC Family.  Next Friday and Saturday, across the United States, classes of service dogs and their partners will be graduating. Graduation marks the end of the journey for puppy raisers as they see their hard work meet their goals and expectations. However graduation is also a beginning for the graduate team who will go out in the world working together to be independent and live life to its fullest. (www.cci.org)



If you really knew me you would know that I am one of three sisters - but if I didn't tell you would never know we are sisters from other misters =); that I could not have been born with sisters as great as they are; that I am blessed to have shared special relationships with my grandparents.

If you really really knew me you would know that I attribute who and where I am to my "other mothers" (Jeannine Klock, Gail Kleve, Linda Jeffery, Jane Bruner, and Cindy Enloe) - without them I wouldn't be the woman I am today; that I hope I can be the same inspiration and support to another young woman as they were to me; and they are where I learned that family is about love not blood.

If you really really really knew me you would know that I feel blessed everyday that I have such wonderful friends who share their love and families with Dave and I, that I am grateful that I got the dad I did - I couldn't have had a better one; that I also completely lucked-out in the in-law department.

If you really really really really knew me you would know that I am completely sincere when I tell people I don't have children because I just have never felt the need to, that I am not going to "come around" one day and have them (seriously people 20 years of marriage and no children I would think you would get a clue), and that I am absolutely in love with the children in my life despite not having my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment