Thursday, January 6, 2011

006/365 Library Card!

As part of our scaling back, belt tightening I haven't been indulging in one of my favorite passions - reading. The cost of books and my desire to read the latest and greatest can be a bit costly. Oh and I can plow through a 400 page paperback in less than a weekend. My parents and I have been trading books, but while I love my Dad the man will read ANYTHING. A few trades ago I got a bag full of books about the wild west and indians. I however just gave them a big old bag of good stuff, all current mostly Oprah book club list sort of stuff.

It has been ages and ages since I have had a library card. The Sacramento Central Library is right across the street from my office. I can see the building from my desk. I figured I might as well check it out. It isn't as if I haven't been to a library. Sabina and I did the "read to a dog" program a few times here in Elk Grove, but I haven't thought about checking anything out. As part of this photography thing I wanted a couple books - went to Borders - way to expensive. So off to the library I went. Didn't find exactly what I wanted but was able to order them from another branch and have them delivered downtown! Pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment