Monday, January 3, 2011

Hmmm....

Last year brought many wonderful things; however, it was also one of the more challenging years in recent memory. I have wanted to do the 365 PhotoJournal Challenge for a couple years, but convinced myself that I didn't have time. Looking back I probably didn't have time, because I allowed my time to be spent on, in retrospect, things that were not things that contribute to "my happy". 

Many years ago I met a very wise woman - Coach Burke. When I, as all teenagers do, got to the rough patch she told me that I was responsible for my "happy." (Among other things, like get off the pitty pot there is a long line behind you) She told me that I need to care for "my happy," that I am ultimately responsible for it, it is my job to nurture it, define it for myself, don't allow others to chip away at it, and most importantly that I couldn't rely on others to be the sole source of it either. I am sad to say that I didn't manage my happy very well last year. 

One thing that I know for sure is that I love to take pictures. National Geographic won't be calling anytime soon, but no one runs when I show up with my camera either. So to feed my happy and work toward some healthy balance I am committing to the challenge. I am late in getting the blog started but not to the picture taking. I will be posting here everyday, I hope they bring you some joy. 

(Special thanks to Jill for the final inspiration to get off my duff and do this)


1 comment: